POSITION: PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE ASSISTANT
McCullough Funeral Home is currently seeking qualified applicants for possible immediate hire.
Please read all the functions, skills and abilities, and qualifications before applying. Additionally, we are only accepting resumes in person at McCullough Funeral Home Monday through Friday between the hours of 10am to 3pm. Please bring a completed job application and resume. If you absolutely must deliver your resume at another time please email email@example.com to make an appointment. No phone calls please.
This is a part-time job with irregular hours and will require being on-call occasionally. It will require scheduling flexibility and some weekend work.
The administrative assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative and clerical duties. It is a very fast paced and demanding job. It requires excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office software and requires the ability to learn new software quickly. One primary responsibility will be to write obituaries and therefore excellent writing and grammar skills are essential. Another responsibility will be creating photo slide-shows. Other general duties from time to time may include greeting the general public, answering questions, providing funeral and cremation information and other related topics, answering phones courteously and in a polite manner with a goal to meet or exceed customer expectations even during stressful circumstances. Must be able to maintain a positive attitude under stressful circumstances and work as a team player with a goal of always providing the very best service for the families we serve.
Candidates with the following qualifications will be given preference:
Candidates that meet the following general qualifications will also be considered:
- Experience and thorough knowledge of Windows 7, Photoshop and Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience making photo slideshows
- Those with excellent writing skills
- Those with excellent communication skills
- Those with a passion and commitment for perfection
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- A passion and commitment for helping and caring for people.
- A commitment to tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Integrity, adhering to high moral principles and professional standards.
High School Diploma or GED
A valid Driver’s License
Compensation: Ranges between $10.00 & $15.00 per hour